Thursday, March 7, 2013

Outraged at Senators McCain and Graham for their insolent attacks on Senator Paul

Outraged by the response to Senator Paul's filibuster by Senators McCain and Graham, I sent messages via their online email forms as copied below.  If you agree then feel free to cut and paste to send you own messages to Senator's McCain here:  http://bit.ly/emailSenMcCain   and to Senator Graham here: http://bit.ly/emailSenGraham.


Date: March 7, 2013

Subject: Defense

Dear Senator McCain,

There is certainly no appropriate "Subject" to select from for this message, sir.  I notice that Ethics is absent from the available list.

How could you possibly criticize Senator Rand Paul for doing what every TRUE Republican Senator should have been participating in yesterday?  To criticize him publicly was even worse!  Why don't you and Senator Graham just go ahead and tear the Republican party down along with your criticism of Senator Paul?  It is you and Republicans like you and Senator Graham who will be the end of the Republican Party!  You, sir, give freely the ammunition for those who wish to destroy the Republican Party, the primary persons being President Obama and his apparatchiks!  What were you thinking, sir?  Who did you possibly believe the beneficiary of your criticism would be other than President Obama and the Democrats who wish to destroy the Republican Party as any opposition?  There will be no one to stand for you, sir, if you do not stand for GOD-given rights and those who stand for them.

I had such hope that you had taken a turn back to the foundational conservatism of the Republican Party based on recent outspoken conservative stands you had taken.  In the past I saw you as a potent leader in that regard.  Now, I don't know what to think!

You should put such energy used criticizing a fellow conservative TRUE Republican to stopping the President from implementing any drone program within the United States and from stopping the President from using drone strikes against American citizens outside the United States also, unless due process of law has been done by declaring them a traitor and revoking their citizenship through the legal system!  I am amazed that someone who so stridently decries torture, find drone killing of any civilian acceptable, but much worse the killing of American citizens without due process which has taken place outside the United States.  How can it be ok because it is OCONUS--why then wouldn't torture be ok OCONUS?  I urge you to press for our government to eliminate killing of any American anywhere without the full use of due process before any action could be taken!

I implore and urge you to reconsider your current philosophy and re-orient appropriately in the direction of freedom and liberty and then let it be known by your activity.

Most Sincerely,
Rhonda
Proud Patriot

No comments: